Ever wondered about a day in the work life of a hotel general manager?
Sure, we’ve heard from countless colleagues, collaborators and industry experts about it. We offer higher education in Hotel Business Management after all, but here’s the thing:
No one tells these stories more directly, without any filter like Alexandru Dorus, our Lecturer and Subject Manager Hospitality.
Alex has an experience of over 20 years in hotel business management and has been a GM for luxury hotels.
If you want a straight-up account of events and experiences from the life of a hotel GM, JOIN US on the 17th of December at 3pm!
Alex will tell us about:
- What hospitality really is and what operations are included.
- Why there’s more to hospitality than just guest facing departments, like the reception area, restaurant, gym, sauna, etc.
- The steps needed from the entry-level positions to the top position of hotel General Manager.
- Top factors when a hotel hires for its open positions.
- The importance of a degree in this field.
- The future of the industry.
- Why our degree separates itself from others.
- How he overcame big obstacles during his tenure as GM.
- Why Hospitality is a great career choice even now.