ScholarshipsFirst Year Scholarships – Romanian nationals only
In order to facilitate access to international careers in hospitality to more Romanian nationals, American Hotel Academy grants 1st year scholarships for Romanian students / candidates who meet the specific eligibility criteria.
The applications must be submitted no later than July 17th, 2020.
The updated Scholarship Regulations for 2020-2021 can be found here (in Romanian).
2019 – 2020 Awarded Scholarships
Haralambie Petru Cosmin
Interview Result %
English Test Result %
Extraordinary Academic Achievement AwardsEU nationals only
(Cumulative) criteria for granting these awards:
2nd year students
The average grade for the previous semester – minimum 77%
The grade for the English language examination – minimum 70%
3rd year students
The average grade for the first 2 years of study – minimum 77%
2nd year students
The grade of the subject that has the most credits.
Art. 1(1).American Hotel Academy grants merit scholarships in the academic year of 2019 – 2020. These scholarships are granted upon students’ request by signature. The requests will be handed in at the Registrar’s Office enclosed to the student’s file, within the timeframe decided by American Hotel Academy.
Art. 2 (1). The scholarship beneficiaries granted by American Hotel Academy, according to the hereby regulations, subsequently called “class attendants”, are the students of American Hotel Academy, Romanian citizens enrolled in the Bachelor Education Program of International Hotel Business Management (IHBM).
(2) The following cannot represent criteria for granting scholarships: age, gender, religion, race, political orientation of the student or their family, their involvement in legally founded organizations in compliance with the Romanian laws, length of study in other educational centres, studies abroad as well as scholarships from other sources.
Art. 3.The requirement for granting a scholarship by American Hotel Academy is for the student to pass all their exams and be enrolled with the American Hotel Academy in the previous year. The student that passed all the exams is the one who passed all the examinations of the courses in the semester prior to the semester in which they request the scholarship (for the 2nd year), or meets all the admission requirements in the 3rd year of study and has been enrolled in the Academy for the period in which he obtained the results evaluated.
Art. 4. A transferred student cannot be taken into consideration for this scholarship, nor a re-enrolled student.
Art. 5.The amount of the merit scholarships is the tuition fee of the respective semester for the 1st and 2nd study years, and the tuition fee of the 3rd year.
Art. 6. (1)The merit scholarships are granted to the beneficiaries for the entire semester.
Art. 7.A number of 2 (two) scholarships will be granted, one for each year. This number can be increased or decreased according to the students’ grades, number of students and / or other management decisions taken by American Hotel Academy.
Art. 8. Merit scholarships will be granted to students that cumulatively fulfil the following criteria:
– the average grade for the previous semester – minimum 77 %
– the English language exam – minimum 70%;
– the average grade of the first two years – minimum 77%, for the 3rd year students.
Art. 9. (1) The merit scholarships are granted in the decreasing order of the general percentage grades (examinations, projects – according to the education plan) obtained in the examination session prior to the semester in which the student requests scholarship, not less than 91%.
(2) The general final grade is calculated as a weighted average of the grades obtained.
(3) Evaluation and the credits of a subject are taken into consideration only once, for a single semester.
(4) In case of similar grades, differentiation is done according to the following criteria (considered in the presented order):
– the grade of the subject with the highest number of credits, if the similarity continues the following subject with the highest number of credits will be taken into consideration. This criterion will be applied until the differentiation happens. In case there are more subjects with the same amount of credits, all these subjects will be taken into consideration.
– the weighted average grade of the previous semester.
Art. 10. The merit scholarships are granted to students with special educational results throughout the semester (courses, examination sessions, practicum, graduation examination), according to the educational plan.
Art. 11. The regulation of scholarship granting in school is approved by the Academic Board of the American Hotel Academy.
Art. 12. (1)Students can make a written appeal at School against the rejection of the scholarship request, within 3 days from displaying the list of students that are grated scholarship.
(2) The appeals are analysed by the Academic Board, within 3 days after the expiry of the appeal time.
Art. 13. Presenting false documents, to be granted a scholarship, involves legal responsibility and implicitly expelling the student.
Art. 14. The hereby regulations will be in force on the day of approval by the Academic Board of American Hotel Academy, starting the first semester of the academic year 2015/2016, when all the adverse stipulations are revoked.
Head of Academic Department
Student Body President