Fundamentals of Hospitality
The first part of the Diploma program is focused on studying the fundamentals of the hospitality industry, acquiring practical experience and understanding the global hospitality industry at introductory level.
At the end of the first part of the program, students will be able to perform the basic tasks of the operational hotel departments, analyse and solve specific customer interaction situations.
A significant amount of time is allocated for practice sessions in the school’s laboratories, complemented by the work experience students gain during the mandatory (international) internship.
The second part of the Diploma program is focused on operational management, as well as on general management issues.
At the end of the second part, the students will be able to assess a managerial situation, to analyse it and provide viable solutions. Also, they will be able to identify their career goals and create a professional development plan.
- Business Management
- Food Sanitation & Safety
- Business Communication
- Front Office Operations Management
- Food & Beverage Service
- Hospitality Today
- Spanish 1
- Extra English
- Gastronomy & Culinary Arts
- Academic Writing
- Rooms Division Management
- Food & Beverage Management
- Hospitality Mathematics
- Spanish 2
- Extra English
- Research Methods
- Hospitality Facilities Management & Design
- Hospitality Human Resources Management
- Business Law
- Customer Acquisition (Concentration 1)
- Events Planning (Concentration 2)
- ESL High Intermediate
- Spanish 3
- Leadership & Management in the Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality Financial Management
- Strategic Management
- Digital Marketing (Concentration 1)
- Project Management for Events (Concentration 2)
- ESL Advanced
- Spanish 4
- Complete all 240 credits.
- Complete one industry placement of at least 700 hours (4 months).
- Pass the final exam with the external commission of examiners.
On successful completion of the courses above, together with proof of English proficiency and the examination for the Hotel Director Diploma, a student qualifies to enter the Degree top-up year, validated by Manchester Metropolitan University.